EXMNA Summer Internships
We’re hiring! Applications for two internships at Ex-Muslims of North America are open for Summer 2019!
We invite any student with a passion for our mission to come join us at Ex-Muslims of North America! We are a small team here, and with your internship you will get mentorship from senior staff, and an opportunity to be a part of a vital movement. Please submit your applications by April 7th (at the very latest) to be considered.
*Please note, you do not have to be an ex-Muslim, or from a Muslim background to be considered for the internship(s). We invite anyone with a passion for our mission to apply.
Our internship positions are:
- telework, which means you will be working from home and that you must have a private and personal computer you can use for work.
- part-time, and you will be expected to work about 15 hours a week. You will have a set schedule, but we can can set it around your work or school obligations.
- paid, based on experience.
Please note that at this time, our internships are open only to individuals authorized to work in the United States.
Communications and Social Media Intern
Do you enjoy following the pulse of a movement? Do you have an eye for crafting accurate and impactful messaging? As our Communications and Social Media Intern, you will be responsible for following trends and stories, keeping up-to-date with any developments which would impact our work and participating via our social media platforms. You will help us share the news of our work with the world, as well as highlight the work of our allies. You will work with staff to craft outreach campaigns, and help us effectively contribute our message to the public conversation.
- Schedule and maintain our social media presence across a variety of platforms
- Research best practices for outreach and communication
- Assist in brainstorming and strategizing for campaigns
- Closely monitor news and campaigns related to our mission
- Draft Press Releases and other outreach materials
- Must be a current student at an accredited university, majoring in Marketing, Communications, or related field. Students of other backgrounds may also apply, but must demonstrate ability.
- Must have strong written communication skills!
- Familiarity with social media use and management.
- An interest in storytelling and the ability to plan and conduct creative campaigns.
To be considered, please attach resume/CV, cover letter, and a relevant writing sample and email to [email protected]
This is a position for those who love to dig deep – to discover new insights, to help create knowledge and pass it on. Our ideal candidate is a critical thinker with strong written communication skills, who has the ability not only to find and analyze the needed journals, news stories, or articles around a given topic, but to provide detailed reports on those findings. Together, we will find and analyze information about ex-Muslim issues which remains hidden or ignored. The majority of the research will be qualitative in nature.
- Conducting research on topics related to assigned projects
- Assisting in the development of reports, summarizing articles and monitoring developments on assigned subjects
- Assist in fact-checking of various reports and written materials
- Must be a current student at an accredited university. If undergraduate – juniors, seniors strongly preferred, or graduate students at any level.
- Experience with social science research, or methodically surveying and compiling information from a variety of sources
- Strong written communication skills, special focus on clear and concise prose.
To be considered, please attach resume/CV, cover letter, and a relevant writing sample and email to [email protected].